Report style (Gutachtenstil) for your law studies, your LLM, your bar exam (§ 16 EuRAG).
- simple cases from civil law und criminal law
- the focus will be on report style, not on vocabulary and grammar.
- the following contents are taught:
- find requirements (Tatbestandsmerkmale) in statutory provisions
- formulate hypothesis
- with Konjunktiv II
- by using words, that express a possibility
- by using a conditional clause
- formulate legal definitions
- how long?
- using the right verbs
- more than one definition within one prerequisite (Wegnahme iRd § 242 StGB; Eindringen iRd 123 StGB)
- what is being compared with what?
- order of elements
- factual circumstances and susumption
- consecutive connectors
- relationship between hypothesis and result
- abstract or concrete formulations
Notice: The course sets out to provide students with the German legal language, not with legal contents. The fields of law are just being used in order to train the legal language. The teacher doesn´t give any legal advice.
To win a first impression of my work, please check my youtube video:
Date: March 3rd/10th/17th/24th/31st 2023
Format: online course/MS Teams
Time and duration: 5.00 - 6.30 pm
Max. Teilnehmerzahl: 5
Fee: 200 € / participant